Oxford Centre for Neuroinflammation
- +44 1865 222443 (fax +44 1865 222737)
We bring together biomedical, analytical and clinical expertise to shed new light on the causes that underpin neurodegenerative diseases.
Our research team, along with our local and international collaborators, aims to design tools for faster diagnosis, accurate prognosis, and to identify new targets for life-changing and life-saving treatments.
We are located in the Weatherall Institute for Molecular Medicine (WIMM) at the John Radcliffe Hospital. We collaborate closely with a wide range of scientists and clinicians and have close ties to the Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, the Big Data Institute, the Broad Institute and the Karolinska Institutet.
- Harness genetic information to facilitate the diagnosis of neurodegenerative diseases
- Determine how environmental factors contribute to disease development and progression
- Understand why disease presentation and prevalence varies across different ethnic populations
- Determine whether drug efficacy, indications, and potential side effects can be predicted prior to clinical testing to help prioritise therapeutic strategies that will likely confer the greatest benefit
- Assess whether drugs already in use for other conditions can be repurposed to accelerate the treatment of neurodegenerative disease patients - without the need for lengthy clinical trials that can take decades factors contribute to disease development and progression
- OAK Foundation
- MS Society
- NIHR BRC
- Bristol Myers Squibb
There was an error while rendering this tile