Graduate Student Association
The MRC WIMM Graduate Students Association (WGSA) is a student-run initiative bringing together the graduate student community within the MRC WIMM. We aim to provide social activities and peer support for students at any stage. We further aim to provide a platform for students to present their work and broaden their academic horizons.
We organise several academic and social events throughout the year, including:
- Welcome events at the start of the academic year
- Regular social events
- Monthly café or pub outings
- Lunch socials before every Monday Student Seminar
- Monthly WIMM-wide social: WIMM’s O’clock (co-organised with WPA)
- Summer and winter socials with pizza, drinks, DJ and games
- Academic and career events
- Annual Student Presentation Day (co-organised with administration)
- Science Career Seminars (co-organised with WPA)
The GSA also provides peer support. A number of our students have undergone training to act as Peer Supporters and provide a listening ear for those with welfare concerns.
WIMM Graduate Studies Committee
The MRC WIMM additionally has a Graduate Studies Committee to ensure students are fully supported during their period of study. The Graduate Studies Committee meets at least once per term and students can voice any concerns through the student representatives.
If you would like to find out more about the WGSA you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have a Facebook group, which you can request to join.