A full account gives access to all of our base resources, including a small home directory and the ability to submit jobs to the batch system.
Current Oxford academics, students and staff are entitled to hold a full CCB account so long as the charges are paid and that they are either a PI in their own right or their PI is also member of the University. Oxford alumni and academic collaborators from other Universities are entitled to hold an account so long as all of the following are true:
- You are working on an active academic collaboration with a member of the University of Oxford who has agreed to pay any charges associated with your account; and
- You are registered with the University as a full academic visitor at the host department of your collaborator; and
- You hold an Oxford e-mail account and remote access (VPN) account
To apply for a full account, or to renew a 3-month account which is expiring, the applicant should complete the application form available at https://datashare.molbiol.ox.ac.uk/public/files/CCB_Account_Application.docx and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org from their Oxford e-mail account. It is NOT possible to apply on behalf of someone else.
Collaboration Project storage
Collaboration projects are an easy, secure way for labs to share research data with each other on the cluster. Each project represents a single collaboration and can be as big - or as small - as it needs to be. Data stored in a project is automatically given the correct permissions so that only other people in the project can see it.
To apply for new projects, or to extend an existing quota, please create a PO, complete the application form available at at https://datashare.molbiol.ox.ac.uk/public/files/CCB_Project_Application.docx and mail it to email@example.com from an Oxford e-mail account
- To create a new project, the PI must sign and submit the form. It is NOT possible to apply for a new project on behalf of a PI, even if the PI has signed the form
- To extend an existing quota, anyone may sign and submit the form so long as the correct PO is submitted
Participation in the OBDS training course entitles you to a full account for 3 months. Please contact the OBDS training team directly for details on how to register for an OBDS account.
Funding your account
CCB accounts are subject to charging as a result of the costs associated with the necessary storage and computing facilities. Most funding bodies accept this as a justifiable cost and we encourage all users to include these charges in their grant requests.