Transgenics Core Facility
The Mouse Transgenic Core Facility is available to the wider biomedical community, providing a specialist service for the generation of new mouse models, as well as all aspects of cryopreservation and re-derivation of established lines.
Working closely with the Genome Engineering Facility, we offer expert advice on the generation of new mouse models, covering the initial targeting strategy and design of targeting constructs to the preparation of material (DNA, RNA proteins etc) for microinjection. We also advise on the most appropriate way to cryopreserve mouse lines.
Want to find out more about our services? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our work is carried out under the authority of a Home Office project licence (PPL). New mouse models are produced under this PPL and are then transferred to the authority of the end users licence for further breeding.
Our services include:
- The production of transgenic mice by microinjection
- The production of knock-out and knock-in mice by various methods
- Cryopreservation of established genetically modified mouse lines at various stages of development.
- Sperm freezing
- Embryo freezing
- Archiving / storage of frozen germplasm
- IVF from fresh or frozen sperm
- Rederivation of mouse lines
- Derivation of new ES cell lines